March 4, 2015

Simply Adorable Baby Names for Girls


Say it with me: Awww! You've found a simple little list of crazy cute names for girls. I wanted to keep this one as darling as the baby above (though that may be impossible) and easy peasy, since my real job (which I love, of course!) takes up quite a bit of my time.


But I just have to offer this little disclaimer...one of the things I love most about names is that they are subjective. They communicate very personal things: style, values, beliefs, and heritage. So while every person would make a different list of names that feel adorable, a little bit of a pattern emerged when I was on the hunt for these names.

They came in part from my best name-loving friends, who have an interest in names, good taste, and a firm grasp on today's trends. They also came from a few naming boards, twitter, and other random sites on the internet (there was no clear contender here or I'd specifically name and link to the source). And a few are my own picks of names that fit with the options I was already hearing.

Qualities that seem to stage whisper "adorable" include...
  • old-fashioned charm
  • an "ie" sound in the ending
  • two syllables, or potential for a two-syllable nickname that ends in the "ie" sound

Every baby is adorable!
And these names are just a small example of how you can use sounds and qualities that are just right to express your admiration for your adorable baby girl. They strike us as sweet, darling, feminine, cute, charming, and so easy to love. Here it is—an unscientific, just-for-fun sampling of adorable girl names freshly picked for your inspiration. 
  • Adelaide
  • Bella
  • Chloe
  • Edith (Edie)
  • Elsie
  • Evelyn (Evie)
  • Finley
  • Gracie
  • Holly
  • Lily
  • Lucy
  • Macy
  • Matilda (Mattie or Tilly)
  • Marlee or Marley
  • Molly
  • Pippa
  • Quinn
  • Reese
  • Rose
  • Sadie
  • Sookie
  • Willow
  • Winnie

If you were looking for a name that's simply adorable, I hope you found it! And don't worry, I won't neglect the boys; they are up next!

1 comment:

  1. My favorites are
    Chloe
    Lucy
    Pippa
    Quinn and
    Willow!

    ReplyDelete