July 13, 2015

Christmas Names in July




This post goes out to those of you who are expecting a December bundle of joy. Congratulations!

I'm happy to say that I'm part of that group! My second little one is coming along in late December. So I speak from experience that if you have a child due during the holidays, you are thinking of wintery names right now, as you beat the heat with a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream in your maternity tank top and sunglasses. (Or is that just me?) Not every name on your list is bedazzled with tinsel, but if you love the holidays, you are seriously considering a few.

So, in our honor, I've completely revamped my list of Christmas and Holiday Baby Names.

It was a much-needed update! (In my defense, it was one of the first posts I ever wrote. Ah, memories...) You'll find everything from Angel to Zuzu, but in order to keep us from being overwhelmed (baby naming isn't easy!) I divided them into categories: Traditional, Holiday Spirit, Santa and Christmas Tales, and Winter Nature Names. I hope you're able to find your favorites and add a couple of new names to your list.


I didn't touch my Winter Cabin Retreat Names, because...well, it's already beyond all editing. But do check it out if you're in the mood for a little wintery fun!

Up next I'll feature a few individual names from the Christmas and Holiday Baby Names list. Because it's all about the details! And, by the way, if you want name advice, just send me a note. If I can fit it in, I provide completely free and confidential name consultations over email. I love doing it, and I'll keep doing it...at least while I have the time!

Happy Holiday Name Hunting!

4 comments:

  1. I love Lucia, Ember and Juniper. I have to say though, I like Juniper much better as a girl's name than a boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Juniper is definitely swinging "pink". Last year there were 633 girls given the name, and only 8 boys. It has such a lovely sound.

      Delete